Primary school 6-10 years
This is a great literacy game that teaches your child nouns, verbs and adjectives through very silly sentences.
What you will need:
- Thirty cards
- Three envelopes
- Write 10 nouns (naming words), 10 adjectives (describing words) and 10 verbs (doing words) on individual cards.
- Put the nouns into one envelope, the adjectives into another and the verbs into another.
- Encourage your child to pull out five cards of each group and the cards left over are for you.
- Set the timer for five minutes.
- You both must come up with the silliest sentences that include the words you have chosen. For example, ‘The blue unicorn lost his underpants.’