The summer holidays are a great time to get your little one to help out in the kitchen! It gives you the chance to talk with them about maths ideas and develop their concept of numbers, while having fun! Try this easy recipe for strawberry yoghurt ‘ice-creams’ for a delicious, healthy summer treat with your littlie!
What you need
- 1 cups chopped fresh (or frozen) strawberries
- 2 cups vanilla yoghurt
- 1 large bowl
- 1 mixing spoon
- plastic wrap or aluminium foil
- 6 small paper cups
- 6 wooden icy pole sticks
What to do
- Ask your little one to put the strawberries and yoghurt together in a large bowl and mix it up well.
- Help your little one to fill up the cups with the yoghurt mixture.
- Help your child to cover the cups with plastic wrap or aluminium foil.
- Ask your little one to put a wooden stick through the plastic wrap or foil in the middle of each cup – get them to count out loud as they put the sticks in each cup.
- Put the ‘ice-creams’ in the freezer and wait until they are firm.
- Gently tear away the paper cup and plastic wrap or foil, and enjoy!