Want to stay on top of what’s happening in schooling and education across Australia? Here are some useful links.
Useful Australian Government websites:
- Australian Government Department of Education and Training has information on national initiatives for schools and teaching.
- The Quality Schools website provides information about the Australian Government’s plan for a high-quality school system that gives all children the educational opportunities they need to reach their full potential.
- Australian Government school education will put you on the right path to find the information you need about education, with links to many Australian Government websites, as well as selected state and territory resources.
Other key agencies:
- Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA) is an independent statutory authority that is responsible for key education initiatives such as the national curriculum, assessment and reporting, including NAPLAN.
- Australasian Curriculum, Assessment and Certification Authorities is the national body for the statutory bodies in Australian states and territories (and New Zealand). It is responsible for certificates of senior secondary education, including links to all boards of studies.
- My School is a unique and innovative online resource provided by the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA). It provides up-to-date quality data on more than 9,500 Australian schools.
- Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL) provides national leadership for the Australian, State and Territory Governments in promoting excellence in the profession of teaching and school leadership.
- Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) is an independent statutory authority that is responsible for the implementation of the National Quality Framework (NQF). The NQF aims to create an evidence-based, nationally consistent approach to early childhood education and care that will offer all Australian children the best possible start in life.
- Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) is one of the world’s leading educational research centres. It provides independent support and expertise to education policy makers and professional practitioners through research and development projects, products and services.
Education departments in each state and territory:
- New South Wales: Department of Education and Communities
- Victoria: Department of Education and Training
- Tasmania: Department of Education Tasmania
- South Australia: Department for Education and Child Development
- Western Australia: Department of Education
- Northern Territory: Department of Education
- Queensland: Department of Education and Training
- Australian Capital Territory: Education and Training Directorate