Your one-stop education shop
Looking for information about schooling across Australia? These links will take you to the main official sources.
Australian Government websites
- Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment – information on national initiatives for schools and teaching
- Australian Government school education – general information about education in Australia, with links to many Australian Government websites, as well as selected state and territory resources
- My School – up-to-date quality data on more than 9,500 Australian schools, provided by the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA)
- National Assessment Program (NAP) – information on NAPLAN, through which governments, education authorities and schools can determine whether or not young Australians are meeting important educational outcomes
- Quality Schools – information about the Australian Government’s plan for a high-quality school system that gives all children the educational opportunities they need to reach their full potential.
Key national bodies
- Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) – independent statutory authority that assists governments in implementing the National Quality Framework for children’s education and care
- Australasian Curriculum, Assessment and Certification Authorities (ACACA) – the national body responsible for certificates of senior secondary education (site has links to all boards of studies)
- Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA) – independent statutory authority responsible for the national curriculum, assessment and reporting, including NAPLAN
- Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL) – provides national leadership for the Australian, State and Territory Governments in promoting excellence in the profession of teaching and school leadership
- Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) – provides independent support and expertise to education policy makers and professional practitioners through research and development projects, products and services.
State and territory education departments
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
Non-government education authorities